Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce Now Interviewing for Position of Events and Meetings Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Events and Meetings Coordinator
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
SUMMARY: Part-time; Plans and coordinates events, and activities; and other events/projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops, implements, and monitors event/meeting planning procedures.
• Determines cost estimates and budgets; tracks spending and adherence to budget; prepares management reports.
• Assists with site selection, contract review, and negotiation.
• Negotiates contracts and maintains relationships with vendors including but not limited to caterers, rental companies, staffing services, entertainment suppliers, transportation companies, airlines, hotels, and conference sites.
• Coordinates reservations, materials, and setup; develops theme and space layout.
• Coordinates registration and payment procedures, promotional advertising and mailings, and corporate sponsorship activities.
• Coordinates catering services and room and communication equipment requirements.
• Interfaces with public relations, marketing, and other appropriate department/staff to coordinate media activities.
• Manages outside vendors and staff.
• Attends all events to direct staff and outside vendors and ensure events are executed in an efficient manner; expedites all problems and emergencies.
• Ensures that all materials/equipment required for event are in place; rectifies any deficiencies.
• Assists in development of internal and external promotional materials as needed.
• Provides project status reports as needed.
• Coordinates calendar of events and special meetings.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Minimum education of a GED
• Minimum age of 18 years or older
• Minimum of 2 years related experience or equivalent.
• Willingness and ability to travel to attend events/meetings and available before/after hours as event times vary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Proficient on Word, and Microsoft suite, willing to learn ChamberMaster.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
• Driver’s License required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to stand
• Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to walk
• Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to sit
• Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
Leave a Comments